Since I was 17.
have been driving
have driven
did drive

Kate has been working here ...
two years ago
for two years
since two years

But if you do not enjoy what you do then you are .. ... wasting a large part of your life.
foolishly
fool

WIND ENERGY
Every day you can see the wind blowing and watch all of that wasted energy just floating away. A lot of energy is thought to be (1)
... and all you need to use it are a few wind turbines! Currently less than 1% of the Earth´s energy needs are (2) ... by wind, with
Denmark being the most wind-friendly producing 23% of its own energy needs from wind. The energy produced is totally clean and
also one of the (3) ... around and it is able to produce (4) ... 18 times more energy than is consumed in its construction, (5) ... nuclear
which is estimated at around five. People are often worried about the look of wind farms but what they often forget is that the land
can still (6) ... for farming, with only 1% of the space being taken up by the wind turbines. One of the biggest (7) ... about wind
turbines, is their effect on bats and birds. In Norway, nine out of ten sea eagles were killed by turbines. Bats too are a serious
problem. Even the manufacturers of wind turbines are (8). concerned by the numbers of bats being. killed, prompting ongoing
research.
Read the text and choose the best options to fill in the gap (2).
hardest
supplied
distributed

The internet has changed people´s life dramatically. It has allowed people from all over the world … with each other and express their ideas and opinions.
to communicate
communication

We ... 20 new buildings this year.
have built
built
had built

How long ... you ... Kate?
did know
have known
had been
WIND ENERGY
Every day you can see the wind blowing and watch all of that wasted energy just floating away. A lot of energy is thought to be (1) ... and all you need to use it are a few wind turbines! Currently less than 1% of the Earth´s energy needs are (2) ... by wind, with Denmark being the most wind-friendly producing 23% of its own energy needs from wind. The energy produced is totally clean and also one of the (3) ... around and it is able to produce (4) ... 18 times more energy than is consumed in its construction, (5) ... nuclear which is estimated at around five. People are often worried about the look of wind farms but what they often forget is that the land can still (6) ... for farming, with only 1% of the space being taken up by the wind turbines. One of the biggest (7) ... about wind turbines, is their effect on bats and birds. In Norway, nine out of ten sea eagles were killed by turbines. Bats too are a serious problem. Even the manufacturers of wind turbines are (8). concerned by the numbers of bats being. killed, prompting ongoing research. Read the text and choose the best options to fill in the gap (6).
have used
be used
be using

WIND ENERGY
Every day you can see the wind blowing and watch all of that wasted energy just floating away. A lot of energy is thought to be (1)
... and all you need to use it are a few wind turbines! Currently less than 1% of the Earth´s energy needs are (2) ... by wind, with
Denmark being the most wind-friendly producing 23% of its own energy needs from wind. The energy produced is totally clean and
also one of the (3) ... around and it is able to produce (4) ... 18 times more energy than is consumed in its construction, (5) ... nuclear
which is estimated at around five. People are often worried about the look of wind farms but what they often forget is that the land
can still (6) ... for farming, with only 1% of the space being taken up by the wind turbines. One of the biggest (7) ... about wind
turbines, is their effect on bats and birds. In Norway, nine out of ten sea eagles were killed by turbines. Bats too are a serious
problem. Even the manufacturers of wind turbines are (8). concerned by the numbe

I ... when my friend ...
was sleeping, called
slept, was calling
slept, called

Moreover, career choices cannot be made based on just a few criteria alone. Your job may carry great monetary …. and perks.
benefits
beneficial

I hope Kate is coming soon. I ... for two hours.
am waiting
have been waiting
had been waiting

Choose true sentence according to the text. Homemaking…
So, after my first baby arrived, I felt for years that I had the perfect job. I was my own boss. I could work when I wanted and have a
rest when I wanted. If I didn´t feel like cleaning or doing the shopping and wanted to have a day off, that was fine. Nobody else
would have to be asked to cover for me, my work could wait until I was ready to do it. Oh yes, it was hard work taking care of our
home and our children and the hours were long, but the work was varied and very rewarding. In fact, being a homemaker was the
perfect job for me. I was absolutely happy being a housewife and mum. Watching my children thrive, witnessing their first steps,
hearing their first words and all the other milestones were worth more than any amount of money.
is hard work with long hours.
is beneficial for the family.
made for a financially difficult period.

His grandfather ... from his job a year ago.
has retired
retired
retires
was retiring

Then, the best way to deal with the dilemma is to think about .. ... a career counselor.
consulting
consult

WIND ENERGY
problem. Even the manufacturers of wind turbines are (8). concerned by the numbers of bats being. killed, prompting ongoing
research.
Read the text and choose the best options to fill in the gap (5).
added to
contrasted to
compared to
matched to

WIND ENERGY
research.
Read the text and choose the best options to fill in the gap (1).
available
ready
convenient
handy

Read the texts and match them with the headings. There is one extra title.
"I don´t know how you stay at home all day... I would be bored out of my mind", was a comment I often heard when I stayed at
home. Was ..

Цена: 220 руб.

Купить или узнать подробнее

Купить или узнать подробнее